Friday, October 21, 2011

Welcome ICLW! ***UPDATE***

Welcome to everyone who's here from ICLW. I'm writing this post before I get ready for work so it will probably be short. I'm Christa and it's been a LONG time since I participated in ICLW. The last time I did we were still going through infertility treatments at Womack Army Medical Center in NC (we live in CT). We've now closed that door and and moved on to domestic infant adoption. We're thisclose to going active with our agency. I think we should be active by Halloween for sure. After that the average wait is about 3-9 months for our agency.


I also volunteer for the Lost Stork Foundation, a non-profit organization that will be providing grants and financial assistance to infertile and adoptive couples. We're still working on our grant fund but we've got an upcoming raffle in November to celebrate National Adoption Awareness Month. Actually it's two raffles, one is adoption-themed and one is Family Fun Night-themed so anyone can participate. Click here to check out the Lost Stork's blog and get more information about the raffles. We've also got a Friendship Fundraiser Friday in which we post information about fundraisers that people are having to raise money for their adoption or infertility treatments. Click here for that.

Other than that my life is fairly boring. I love saving money and I can't resist buying something when it's on sale so I'm always on the lookout for that. I hope you stick around and find some information on here that's useful for you!

***UPDATE*** I've been getting messages from a few of you that you can't comment on either of my blogs. I think it might be because I got the most recent versions of Internet Explorer and Mozilla when my hard drive died and I had to buy a new operating system and it may not be compatible if you have an older version. Of course, I could be wrong. So for now I'll continue allowing Anonymous comments so just write your name at the bottom so I know who's commenting and stuff. And you can try switching the browser you use as well. It worked for me for a few websites I've been using.

And I still have those 5 boxes of Endo.metrin if anyone wants them

11 comments:

  1. Hi Christa! Here from ICLW (#87). I love that you're planning to nurse your baby! I have nursed both of mine (both were also adopted). Actually, I've been nursing baby E now for 12 months and 2 weeks. It's amazing that we're able to do this. Best, BEST of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!! Got the invite to the blog, I can't fig out for the life of me why I can't post normally here....but I had so much to comment on the posts and I can't even get the comment box to come up. Am I disabled for comments or does blogger just hate me? LOL ~ Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, visiting from ICLW (#69). That's so exciting that you are about to go active with the agency. I wish you the best of luck and will check back to see how everything is going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from ICLW (#8)! That is so exciting that you are pursuing adoption and planning to breastfeed. I wish you so much luck with both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just over from ICLW, I'm #55.

    I read your update and think that it's great that you are starting induced lactation. I just find that so interesting as I know it can't be easy. Good luck with it all, I hope you find a match quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been through a lot, but good for you for moving on to adoption. I really admire your dedication to breastfeeding as well, and I hope all will work out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Christa. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you get matched quickly. We've been officially "waiting" five months today. Do you mind me asking what agency you are with? I'm always curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy ICLW!! (#5) I think you are amazing! The Lost Stork Foundation sounds like an amazing group. Especially from my point of view. We lost our last child and are unable to have more children. I feel like we're missing out on an important type of healing for not having another baby. I hope through God some day we'll be able to adopt but realistically in this economy it won't happen. I'm so glad that your group helps out those who want children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! here from iclw. wishing you all the best with adoption. i think it's great you're doing the induced lactation - would love to read about what this entails and how it's going as you progress.

    mo

    ps - love the wall decal too : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, induced lactation. I have met 2 other adoptive mothers who are breastfeeding their adoptive children. This is an amazing gift that your are going to be giving your child.

    Good Luck with your lactation!!

    ICLW #21- Donor Diva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christa! Just wanted to post my first comment for you :-) I think you're doing amazing things given all you've dealt with! Stay strong! I look forward to your post saying that you've been 'matched!' I think, without personally knowing you, that this will be one lucky child!
    I myself am on the IVF roller coaster as we speak and I often wonder where we will go should this not work out for us... You've given me hope and opened my eyes to all options, so thank you :-) Last note- if your endometrin is still up for grabs i may be interested in taking it off your hands :-) Just let me know! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete