Wednesday, October 19, 2011

More Updates

Who doesn't like updates, right? First, we've got less than 2 weeks before Lost Stork Foundation's raffle kick-off and could definitely use some help spreading the word! And don't forget about the Friendship Fundraiser Friday. I don't have any new ones to list yet this week.

Second, our homestudy is being emailed to our adoption agency TODAY!! After they review it and approve it, our social worker will notarize it and send off the hard copies. Then once our agency gets the copies they'll email us our activation agreement. We sign it and send it off with our activation fee and we're active! I'm so excited as the possibility of being an actively waiting family by the end of next week.

Third, we bought our swing this weekend! It was on sale at Target (only $6 off) but also came with a free matching bouncer worth $60. We simply couldn't pass up a deal like that.
I might sell the bouncer though. The pack-and-play we picked out comes with it's own little bouncer with music and vibration so I don't really see the need for all that crap in our living room. We'll barely have enough room for a pack-and-play and swing in there.
And last, work sucks as always. I try to go in every day with the knowledge that my time there is limited. Though I planned on being a stay-at-home mom, the fact that they won't hire me back even if I wanted to makes me a little bitter (for more info see my private blog). But I'm taking it one day at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Krista,

    I follow your blog frequently, but have been unable to post for sometime. This has happened to a few of the blogs I follow. I'm hoping you'll get my mssg, as I'll have to post it as anon. My blog address is www.ifatfirstyoudontsucceedtryagain.com

    I'd like to be able to view your adoption journey in your private blog if you dont mind.

    I can't believe you'll be able to BF when you adopt, this all sounds awesome! I bet it won't be long before you get selected. (((HUGS)))

    ~ Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you may need my email address:

    mistydawnpaul at gmail dot com

    Thx again, Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same problem as the above reader. It won't let me post comments most of the time. Can I follow your private blog mlo456@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the same pack and play that we picked out - I love it! So glad to hear that things are progressing so well for you :)

    ReplyDelete