Thursday, October 13, 2011

So Much News!

First off, the rough draft for our adoption profile came yesterday. It looks so much better than I imagined! So far all our family and friends like it. I thought about tweaking it just a tad, replacing one of the pictures and maybe trading out a different "Favorites" from Sports to something else, but other than that I love it. Brandon thinks I should leave it alone so we'll see. Here's a shot of our profile. I transferred this from PDF to JPEG so it looks a bit wonky but trust me, it looks great in PDF. All the profiles for our agency are formatted the same way to keep them consistent which I think is a great idea.

In other news, I got a call from our social worker today. The homestudy is complete but requires a signature from her boss who's on medical leave. But she'll be returning at the end of next week to sign off on it! Then we review it for any errors and then it's sent to our adoption agency for review. Then we go active!!!!!!! I'm getting very excited now. Still waiting on the domperidone to get here. Should be any day now.

We also ordered this awesome wall decal from the OldBarnRescueCompany on Etsy. They're also donating this same wall decal for the Lost Stork Foundation's raffle. Mine just came in the mail today and I can't wait to put it up in the nursery! All we've done so far is paint the walls and put up the curtains. In the next week I'm hoping to clean the vents and ceiling fan, steam clean the carpets and put up our wall decal. Then it will be ready for furniture.


I know a couple people had asked about the adoption forum issue. They don't let you talk about your experience with agencies because they essentially can't verify that you're telling the truth. For all they know you could be a person from one agency pretending to be someone so you can bash another agency. It's a very stupid rule but one they feel is necessary. To each their own.

9 comments:

  1. wow! your profile looks awesome! really, really great! and congrats on being so close to going active--i can only imagine how totally excited you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your adoption profile is a thing of beauty. Congrats on getting that done and on almost being active. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your letter to the adoptive parents is beautiful, Christa. It made me tear up. I can't wait to read more about your journey and I LOVE the wall decal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could I please get a letter to your adoption blog? megsthefragglerocker at hotmail dot com.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! All of it!! So exciting that you are oh.so.close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, this brought tears to my eyes! So happy that things are moving forward!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! :) You're almost active, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your profile looks great!! Wishing you a short wait and a smooth adoption process! I enjoy following along with your journey, as we are also waiting to be matched with a birth mom.

    ReplyDelete