Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Resources

I haven't had much to write about since there's no fertility treatment going on so I just wanted to share a few new resources I came across this week.

The first is another infertility non-profit organization! It's called Chance to Hope and it's a Christian-based organization that will be providing financial assistance for infertile and adoptive couples. They are hosting a 5K fundraising event on April 30th at the University of Southern Indiana. There will be prizes and raffle drawings at the end of the race. Check out their website for more details.

The second resource is for military families who shop at the commissary. I love shopping at my local commissary because they sell everything at cost, plus 5% for the upkeep of the commissary and to pay its employees. So essentially they don't make any profit, and that saves us a TON of money. Brandon and I only budget $80 a week for groceries for ourselves, and sometimes we don't even spend that much. So I frequently visit the commissary website before a shopping trip so I can see what's on sale. If something is marked down considerably (I'm looking for 30% or more) and it's an item I usually buy then I'll make sure I get it on that shopping trip. If I have a coupon it's even better! Though I might add that commissaries don't double manufacturer coupons like other grocery stores do. Anyway, I digress. This morning I came across this website called The Happy Housewife. The author lists some of the major sale items at the commissary as well as any coupons out there for the same product, and shows the final cost of the item after all the discounts. How awesome is that! Some of the deals are phenomenal and now I've started trying to organize my meals around the sales at the commissary.

Other than that, life is pretty boring around here. But just 31 more days till Ireland! I've started making a list of stuff because now I'm paranoid I'll forget something. But as long as I make sure to bring my passport and enough socks and underwear, I think I'll survive :)

2 comments:

  1. Those are great resources! I can't believe you spend only $80 a week! I spend about $40-$50 on just fruits and veggies per week!!

    I want to be packed in your suite case when you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista, I googled Endometrin and Estrace and found your blog post for when you were trying to figure out how to get the little pill up there (it was in Jan, as I'm sure you recall). I was excited to find you and then I skipped over to today and discovered your current challenges. Hang in there!

    My ex-husband left me over 2 years ago but I've since met someone else and we are doing donor IVF. I wish you the best!!!

    ReplyDelete