Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter, NIAW, and Some Updates!

Happy Easter everyone! Brandon and I didn't spend the day at church (shame on me), instead we went to a crummy Renaissance Faire here in CT. It was Brandon's first time at a renaissance faire and I hate that it turned out to be so crappy. The ones I'm used to are huge and this one was pretty lame. We were only there for about two hours before leaving as there wasn't much to see. Oh well!

Today also marks the beginning of National Infertility Awareness Week. The Lost Stork Foundation is celebrating this week with an awesome raffle of infertility-related products. One ticket will enter you to win 3 different prizes, the grand prize being worth $275. Each entrant will also receive a free one month trial to My Hopeful Journey so everyone wins. Check it out here, the raffle ends on Saturday so please enter and show your support! Oh, and while you're there check out the LSF's new blog design, thanks to Aly from Infertility Overachievers. It looks AWESOME!

As for me, things have been going pretty well. Our marriage counseling appointments have been a bit pointless. Brandon and I sort of thought the therapist would give us things to work on to improve our marriage, like little assignments or projects to help bring us closer. Instead he just listens to us go back and forth about issues we have with each other and doesn't really say much. Brandon and I never had communication issues and we always do this kind of stuff at home so we don't really see how the therapist is helping us. We'll probably go for a few more visits but if we're not seeing some kind of benefit then we'll probably just stop going and try to work it all out on our own.

On the fertility front we have very tentative plans for a FET in late June, which is the next cycle at Womack. Everything after that is up in the air and really would be dependent on the outcome of this FET so I don't want to speculate what's going to happen. I'm confident, however, that in the end we'll be parents and the problems we've had in the past few months will have only made us stronger.

On the Ireland front we've only got 23 days left!! This past weekend I bought a little black dress to wear to our Trad on the Prom dinner and show in Galway. I'm very excited about our time in Ireland, especially since I get to meet two blog friends while I'm there! It's going to be the trip of a lifetime. Now I just need to find a way to make these next 3 weeks at work go by faster. It seems like the weekends get shorter and the weeks get longer with this job. It sucks!

5 comments:

  1. Have you thought about doing the Love Dare? It's a small book and you can buy it on Amazon for as low as $3.00 but we just recently started doing it and it's really neat. We are only 12 days into it - it's 40 days long - but so far I like it and it seems like it's bringing us closer together. Just a thought.

    Totally jealous of the Ireland trip, btw. Always wanted to go there! Enjoy it though, I've heard its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to Cobh or Cork? I've been to both fairly recently - the emigration museum in Cobh is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the next three weeks fly by for you! Yea for little black dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to meet you!!

    On the therapist front, I think I would tell him about your concerns (with him!) and he may just not be the right one for you guys.
    Delighted you have a plan for FET and even more delighted you and Brendan are working things out, I knew you were a very strong couple and like you say this will make you stronger. Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete