Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Random Updates (Because I'm too Boring to Have Anything Meaningful to Talk About)

I know I haven't posted in over a week but my life has just been that boring. I'm waiting for school to start, waiting for my cycle to start, just waiting in general. It's colder than ever here in CT and it needs to hurry up and snow so I can at least enjoy the scenery while I'll freezing my ass off. Of course, as soon as it snows I'll start bitching about how I have to drive in it. Cause I'm like that.

I finally got a call from Nurse D at Womack with my FET schedule. I thought it would be this simple thing compared to a fresh IVF cycle. Take some blue vajayjay pills, get the lining buffed up and then throw some totsicles in there. I was definitely wrong about that. Apparently I have to take doxycycline and baby aspirin for about two weeks before the transfer AND Lupron AND I still have to take that damn trigger shot! It's almost like tricking my body into having a regular cycle, only tricking it into not producing any eggs at the same time. I feel so deceitful. But hey, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get me a baby.

I finally decided to sign up for Mel's Creme de la Creme for 2010. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Creme de la Creme, all you do is pick your favorite blog post and submit it. Mel reads them all, writes a little summary of your post and lists all the submissions on her Creme de la Creme list. This year I chose my post about my miscarriage, not to remind me of the sadness that it caused or to remind me that for a few short weeks I was pregnant this year, but to remind me of what I still have even though I didn't get the chance to give birth. I have an awesome husband who loves me very much and means the world to me. And not having babies doesn't mean missing out on life. Our upcoming trip to Ireland will prove that. So that's why I picked my miscarriage post.

Other than that, there's not much to write about. Like I said, my life is boring at this moment. I promise I'll write more when it becomes un-boring...maybe next year? Just kidding! But seriously....it might be next year. Lets just hope it isn't.

5 comments:

  1. I know everyone is different but I found the FET to be much easier than the fresh IVF cycle. So much less poking and prodding and just overall less stressful. Fingers crossed that your FET is successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still less invasive :) when is the ttansfer???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! for FET! They are much easier but still annoying! When is the transfer scheduled???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the worst at waiting. Definitely boring!

    But I'm with Krista - my FET was much easier on me than my fresh cycle. I hope the same is true for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure your post about your miscarriage will give so many others who h=are dealing with their own miscarriages hope...inspiration and they will not feel alone. keep us posted on everything. YOu know- I am a little overwhelmed with all the science of actually making a baby with my infertility situation. It is really quite complicated....

    ReplyDelete