Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Came Early!

Since Brandon and I don't have any kids and our Christmas shopping was done, we decided to wrap our presents, put them under the tree and then promptly unwrap them. Hey, I've never pretended to be blessed with patience. So I thought I'd share what Santa brought me this year!

I got the usual: bath stuff, fuzzy socks, warm slippers (because I didn't realize how cold it really gets in CT), some jewelry (pearls and a pretty sapphire necklace), some flavored coffee and truffles, and a digital photo frame.

But everyone knows that when you're opening Christmas or birthday presents, there's a "favorite" present. My favorite present this year was my Harry Potter coffee mug.



It's a black mug with the words "I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I AM UP TO NO GOOD". When you pour a hot liquid into the mug, it changes...to this.



It's quite possibly the bestest Christmas present I've ever gotten. When I first saw the mug on www.wbshop.com, I just thought it was a mug with a really cool saying from Harry Potter. I didn't realize that it changed colors too!! Not till Brandon (I mean Santa) had ordered it and told me what it really does. So for the past two weeks I've been dancing around with anticipation. My only wish is that the original letters would disappear as is shown in the pictures on the WB Shop website. Unfortunately the mug only changes to a dull gray and doesn't hide the original words very well. But it's still my favorite present. I really really wanted Santa to get me the chenille Gryffindor scarf but he was out of stock so it might have to wait till after Christmas.

Brandon's Christmas presents included some new XBOX games, tickets to go see his favorite comedian Bo Burnham (video is an explicit satire of hip hop music. Do not view at work!), an external hard drive, and other manly gifts. I also got him a whistle key finder because he's always losing stuff. It was a funny yet practical gift. Too bad we tossed it in the trash! Apparently this whistle key finder goes off when you whistle, yell, talk in a high pitched voice to the dog, sneeze, cough, watch tv or do anything else that makes noise. The damn thing went off every 5 minutes. It's not a gift I would recommend.

Oso got a bunch of crap from Santa too, though he took off with his first toy and didn't stick around to see what other presents he got. Perhaps over the next few days he'll realize he got more than one toy.

So all in all we had a great Christmas!!

**I forgot to mention in my last post that my upcoming FET is scheduled for January 31st. I have my baseline ultrasound on January 5th and start Lupron on the 7th.

8 comments:

  1. That mug is so awesome! It makes me giggle. Merry Early Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best mug ever! I so want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also had an early Christmas...We didn't even wrap it...got a new computer! We even decided against putting up our tree. Maybe next year I will be in the Christmas sprit! Sounds like Santa was very good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that mug is awesome! I kinda want to tell my hubby to get me one! Merry Christmas Early!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mug is the best! I want it, I do! I got a Dobby key chain, but not as cool. Clearly.

    Merry early christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new blooger and new follower of your blog. hope to make some new blogging friends. merry xmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have a base ultrasound for my IVF on 01/05! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is THEE bestest Christmas present EVER and I am immediately sending Santa an emergency updated list. :-D

    ReplyDelete