Monday, April 26, 2010

Getting Antsy and other Random Thoughts

4 more days. 4 more long agonizing days until I had planned on going in for my additional blood tests. Then a few more weeks until I find out if I have any genetic, immune or clotting disorders that could possibly be the cause of my last miscarriage. I was told to wait 6-8 weeks before going in for this testing. Thursday will mark 7 weeks. I'm thinking about going in tomorrow just because I don't want to wait anymore. The lab tech even said I could get a printout of the tests they are doing, which I'm especially antsy about getting so I can Google it. I feel like I've waited so long already, two days shouldn't skew the results, right? After all, I'm already past the 6 week mark. 6 weeks since I lost my baby and it feels like forever ago.

We're moving on May 7th. Our movers are arriving to pack us up early next week. Then we'll spend a day cleaning up our empty home before checking out. We're heading to Salt Lake City to visit Brandon's family, then shooting through extremely boring states like Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa (sorry to all those who live in those states) and then stopping in Pennsylvania for a couple days to see my family before heading northeast to Connecticut. We found an apartment online, paid the deposit and we're keeping our fingers crossed that it's not in the ghetto. We check in on the 21st, though I hope to have internet access in our hotel rooms along the way.

I contacted the Bed-e-byes company about shipping costs for my new baby bedding and they will ship to me FREE OF CHARGE! How awesome is that? They said it would arrive in 7-10 days, sooner if it doesn't have to go through customs. So unfortunately I'll have to wait until we get to Connecticut to order it. I don't want my precious bedding in limbo somewhere and we won't get it here in time to take it with us.

I've noticed I have quite a few new followers so I just want to say welcome and I hope you enjoy my blog thus far :) Sorry it's not too infertility related at the moment as I'm taking an unwanted break but hopefully I'll be seeing some action soon.

And finally, to humor up my post from my depressing first random thought, I have a story to share. Gather round now cause it's funny as hell, especially for Spanish speakers. Brandon and I were at the dog park a few weeks ago and there was a woman there in her late 20's with two pit bulls. She was talking about how one of her dogs had just been neutered two days before and she mentioned that he had big "cajones" but she pronounced the word wrong. Another older woman corrected her pronunciation and the younger woman replied "Whatever! I'm not HAWAIIAN." Brandon and I almost peed our pants. Then she heard us call Oso's name (it's Spanish for bear, for those who don't know) and she said to us "Oh, your dog's name is Oso? My friend had a dog named Oso....for OH SO CUTE!" I should have replied "Well our dog's name is Hawaiian" but instead I just smiled. Brandon later said he was glad I didn't say that because if I did he would have really peed his pants! We had a good laugh about it for the rest of the day.

Stupid people can be so entertaining sometimes.

8 comments:

  1. Wow. You have so much going on. I hope that your trip will be a great one. I'm jealous! Best of luck with your move, also.

    I know the idea of the tests is scary. If you feel ready, go ahead and get them done. It would be good to get them taken care of and remove that from your head with everything else you have coming up.

    Good luck. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christa~ you have so much change on the horizon, do I dare say it?... it sounds kinda exciting! Newness and change can be good and I think it will do wonders for your recent memories of loss.
    So I am confused - are you getting the testing done before the great adventure across the country?
    Best of luck and read up Hawaiian Pidgin words - they are fun(ny)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we had planned on getting the tests done here. Then when the results come in I'll just call Nurse D at Womack and discuss it over the phone. It's better than waiting till we get to Connecticut and discussing it with some doctor I just met.

    I read up on the Hawaiian Pidgin, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe journey and I hope you don't end up in the ghetto, lol! I would be devistated. Hopefully you can get your deposit back if it's not what your hoping for. Best of luck on your test results; I'll be checking back to see how they are. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Arizona so your story is really funny to me! I am one of your new follwers. Thanks for the welcome.

    http://doihavetobeadink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, loved your funny story!!! Former Army wife here, and did the whole cross country move thing. I also happened to work for one of the military moving companies. Just a few tips: pack whats precious to you. Those guys are a bunch of lugs. AND, pack whatever is pricey. Walk around, keep an eye on them, let them see you are keeping an eye on them. AND make sure you mark every single damage down when you arrive, there WILL be some damage. But you wanna get paid for it. lemme know if you have any other questions....i'm a wealth of knowledge on that front since I've seen it from both sides. happy and safe moving!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your move! We just made the cross country move as well! And dit's a pain, but what can you do? Where at in CT are you going to be? We're about 40 miles north of Albany, NY. So you can't be too terribly far from us!

    Good luck with your testing as well! Hopefully you can get it done, with no more waiting!

    And that is a really silly story! Some people are so dumb, it's ridiculous! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a safe move. Enjoy your time with the family and hope your apt isn't in the ghet-to. Love the dog part story.

    ReplyDelete