Saturday, September 25, 2010

Transfer Day

Last night Brandon and I stayed at Susanne's house, after rescuing Oso from the kennel. He had an awesome time playing with their two dachshunds but didn't really enjoy being harassed by the cat, who decided to corner him in the back yard where he was too scared to move until Brandon and Susanne's husband found him. Our dog is such a wuss. So this morning we woke up bright and early and headed back to Fayetteville for our transfer. As I mentioned yesterday, we still had 6 embryos in the running and we were hoping for at least two to transfer. Imagine my surprise when Dr. P told us that all SEVEN were still alive and kicking!!! That's right, apparently the seventh embryo came back from the "dead" and decided to start growing again. We were given the following status on our embryos:

One 8-cell, grade 1
One 6-cell, grade 1
One 5-cell, grade 2
Four 4-cells: 3 grade 1, 1 grade 2

All of them were grade 1. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect all six to make it, let alone have the seventh come back to life. It was very emotional for me to hear and it took everything I had not to start bawling in front of Dr. P and Brandon. After joking that we should go balls-to-the-wall and put all 7 back, we decided to transfer the 8-cell and 6-cell and freeze the rest.

And now I suppose I must admit publicly that I was wrong and my husband, Gretchen, Susanne and all my blog readers were right. There, I said it, so none of those "I told you so!" comments!!

So now I'm back at the Fisher House and ready to take a nap. I can barely keep my eyes open and my family will be here in about 5 hours. Goodnight everybody and please take the time to stop by Susanne's blog to wish her good luck on her fert report today!

16 comments:

  1. Yay! The best case scenario happened! You know from experience that things don't always work out this way, so when it does, we all cheer with you. Take care and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! I've been following along with your progress this time around and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news!!!!

    Sending you lots of sticky baby dust!!!

    Happy ICLW
    #100

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on transferring two great embryos! I hope this cycle is your successful one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! So glad to hear it. I can just imagine how relieved you were. Thinking happy sticky thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news!!! and a few frosties too!! So happy for you my friend, now feet up and BELIEVE this can really happen for you. Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! Keep those feet up and am sending well wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooohoooooooo!!! I started with 20 embies and only have 3 frosties, so you are acyually doing better than me!!! So excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on all the thriving embies! I hope you get a sticky baby this time and I also want to say how sorry I am to hear about your loss. (((hugs)))

    (ICLW #123)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad everything went better than you expected! All the best with you 2WW and I hope you get a healthy baby from this cycle!

    ICLW # 105

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news! Can't wait to hear more good news!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! That's fantastic! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    Happy ICLW ~#42

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your embabies are SO not wusses like your poor pup. ;-) I tell ya...give a cat an inch. lol

    Congrats and LOTSA baby dust to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic news!! so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete