Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And here we go again.....

IVF #2 is upon us. Last night was the last night of my birth control pills. I start Lupron on Thursday. So far I had managed to not really think about this cycle much. I wasn't excited or nervous, just indifferent really. Now the nerves are starting to creep up on me. I had my baseline ultrasound last week (Did I already talk about this? Cause I don't remember) and Nurse D wanted the ultrasound tech to measure all follicles larger than 5mm. Well she found 4 follicles that measured 6-7mm and a ton of tiny follicles. I was worried and called Nurse D to see if these bigger follicles were a deal breaker. She said no but the estradiol levels would tell us whether the cycle is off. She said Dr. P wants to see my estrogen level below 70 for a baseline ultrasound, preferably under 50. Well when Nurse D called today she informed me that my estradiol levels were 83 but that I can still move forward with the IVF. That was a relief but I'm wondering what in the hell my body is doing. But I'm trying not to think about it. My first ultrasound is scheduled for Tuesday morning and Brandon has his S/A that afternoon. We're going to try and get through this IVF without having to do ICSI. Last time we went ahead and did it because we (foolishly) thought it would be our only IVF cycle. During the last cycle, we had 10 eggs fertilize normally out of the 16 mature eggs they retrieved. We're hoping for the same results, only without the added $1,800 fee. But we won't find that out till next week.

I just to mention as an afterthought, if you have or will be entering my Fearlessly Frugal giveaway, please make sure you do the mandatory entry first! Otherwise your other entries (such as being a follower) will not count.

8 comments:

  1. Don't be nervous...At least with IVF#2 you kind of know what to expect. Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rooting for you so much with this 2nd IVF, I'm wishing you the best of lucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! Down the rabbit hole you go. My fingers are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to wish you some luck for this IVF cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on IVF 2.0! I am a few weeks behind you for my first cycle. I will be following your progress, I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything crossed my friend!! IVF without ICSI in general has a lower fertilization rate but I would be optimistic that your numbers will be fine even without ICSI. Strange about those follicles, they'll keep a closer eye on you I'm sure. Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi christa!! i just found your blog.. i am stimming a week or so behind you... best of luck with your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coming over from LFCA to say GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete