Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Why Me?

Of all the times something can go wrong, why now? Now as it turns out, I might get cancelled for this FET.

See, for my past two frozen cycles I never got a period before the cycle so I would have to take Provera before taking birth control. So at best I would only be on bcp's for 10 days before starting my meds. Well this time I hopped right on bcp's after my last failed cycle so I got to take the pills for a whole month.

Well this past Monday was the day I was supposed to stop the birth control pills. But I had a bit of a dilemma. Last week was supposed to be my week of placebo pills. So, do I not take pills that week so I can get my period, or do I open up a new pack of bcp's and keep taking them till Monday? I decided to skip the week of pills so I could get my period.

Except my period never showed up. It still hasn't showed up.

So when I went in for my baseline ultrasound last week the u/s tech told me my lining was at 3mm. I was thinking "Ok, well that's the lining that I'll shed when I get my period". And though I haven't gotten my period since then I didn't expect anything to change at today's appointment.

So at today's appointment I was very surprised to find out my lining was already at 6mm. I also have a follicle at 10mm on my left ovary and one at 8mm on my right. WTF?! I haven't even started my meds yet (except Lupron) and I definitely shouldn't be having follicles growing. WTF is my body doing?!

I called Nurse D and left her a message. I checked out my first FET and saw that during this appt in January my lining was at 2.5mm. At my appointment a week later (after taking Estrace once a day) my lining was at 8mm. Nurse D called back and told me that my e2 levels were higher than they wanted it to be (91) but that for now I can move forward with the FET. But if the follicle gets bigger and starts producing progesterone then it's over.

Now this evening I've started getting cramps that feel like my period is about to show up. What a friggin' headache.

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when periods don't show up. i think they do it delibarately when you're stressed about them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...I hope your body figures out what it want to do soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! That is very strange! I am sorry:(

    ReplyDelete