Friday, August 6, 2010

Fearlessly Frugal: Day Six

First, I want to give a shout-out to Jennifer at Do I have to be a DINK? for coming up with an awesome name for my experiment! It's such an obvious name, I can't believe I didn't think of it myself! Today is Day 6 and I'm pretty proud that I haven't spent much in the past 3 days. I did buy a $1 cheeseburger at McDonald's on the way to an unemployment workshop but that's it. Oh, and remember that $15 water filter I bought? Well I found the same filter at the military commissary for $7.50. So I returned the first one to Target and used the difference to ship some stuff at the post office.

I have to admit, though, this past week has been pretty boring. No eating out, no going to the movies. This weekend will probably be spent at the gym and watching our Netflix movie (The Book of Eli). I'm looking forward to the Art Festival next weekend, even if I can't buy anything while I'm there. I'm trying to earn a little extra money by purging the house of crap we don't use anymore. I've got some DVD's and XBOX games up for sale on eBay and Craigslist. Hopefully I'll get them sold so I won't have to stop looking at a stack a junk sitting in the living room.

Today I pulled credit scores for me and Brandon. I always hated the fact that you can get your credit report free once a year (through this website) but I always had to pay the $7-10 to get the credit score, which is what I really cared about. Well I found out in my workshop that you CAN get your credit score for free! It's at this website. How cool is that? No need to give credit card info and no need to sign up for anything. I was very happy to see a high credit score for myself but was surprised that Brandon's was much lower than it normally is. Like 50 points lower. So tonight we're going to pull his credit report and see what's going on. Oh, and a word to the wise....when you pull your credit report you can choose from the 3 credit reporting agencies: Experian, Equifax and Transunion. I usually just pull one report every four months instead of all three at once. That way I can check my report three times a year!

On the fertility front, AF never showed up. I peed on a stick this morning which was obviously negative so tonight I'm starting Provera. Brandon put in his leave request yesterday and I'm going to be scheduling my baseline ultrasound for the last few days in August. I'm getting excited!

3 comments: