Monday, December 28, 2009

My little red Christmas present

Well after all that worrying and panicking Aunt Flo decided to make an appearance on Christmas Day. Just in the nick of time! I had never been so relieved to get my period. Let's just hope I don't have to see one for another 9 months or so. Now I'm on birth control and anxiously awaiting my baseline ultrasound on January 4th. Then I can anxiously await getting off birth control and starting my meds. I can't believe it's only a few weeks away before I drop a cool 10 G's on the chance of having a baby.

Speaking of 10 G's, I'm actually a little hesitant to go through with this and part with my hard earned money. I don't know why I've been feeling this way lately. After all, I was saving up the money specifically for IVF treatments. If I didn't have the money and I had to take out a loan for this cycle, I wouldn't think twice about it. I'd just pay it off month by month, no big deal. But for some reason it's harder for me to let go of the actual cash that's in my savings right now. I think I'm just worried that as soon as it leaves my bank account something will go wrong. The car will break down, the dog will get sick, I'll lose my job. But all those fears are unfounded because even after we pay for IVF we'll still have some money in savings for an emergency. So why is this SO hard for me? I feel horrible, like I don't want children bad enough or something. I hope I'm not the only person who has ever had a hard time letting go of their savings in order to have a child. Please speak up if you've ever felt this way! I would greatly appreciate some reassurance.

1 comment:

  1. I understand completely! I already feel that way and we are just barely starting to save for IVF. That's a lot to part with - not only because you're using such large sum of money when there is no guarantee (I mean when you drop that much on a house, that thing will still be there right!) it's also hard because it isn't fair! SO many others get the desired result for free and sometimes on accident!

    ReplyDelete