Friday, December 11, 2009

Busy busy busy!!

I know I have lagged in my responsibilities as a blogger but the past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity in the Singleton home. Brandon finally came home from his deployment a week before Thanksgiving. I flew out to HAWAII to see him while he was in port. We didn't get to do much sightseeing, he had a rough work schedule. But at least we were able to see each other. We also took a week-long trip to Cancun. We had a blast!! Usually when I make vacation plans I try not to visit a place that I've already been, but I would definitely visit Cancun again if I had the chance. However our next big trip will be....Ireland! A co-worker of mine visited Ireland the same time we were in Cancun and her pictures have solidified my desire to visit that beautiful country. It make take a couple years before we go on another big vacation, but one way or another we will go to Ireland.
Tonight I am flying out to North Carolina to finally start my IVF cycle. I will be meeting with the doctor at Womack on Monday, take the injection class, and pick up my medications. I'm assuming that I will also get my medication protocol then. I have no idea what they will plan for me but I hope it's a little aggressive. Even when I was taking the maximum dosage of Clomid I would only get one lousy follicle. I hope the injections will be different. I am curious about transporting my meds though. Will they need to be refridgerated during the trip, or only after I've opened them and started using them? I hope I have room for all of them in my carry-on suitcase and bookbag because that's all I'm bringing with me. I guess I'll find out when I get there!
I can't believe things are finally starting to move with my IVF. I keep telling myself, this time next month I'll be starting my medications and on my way to (hopefully) getting pregnant!!

1 comment:

  1. I would call the airline and explain that you have medication that needs to be refrigerated. Ask them what their policy is on that. If you bring a small cooler bag maybe the stewardess can provide you with some ice for the bag? Or maybe the airline will approve you bringing a gel ice pack to keep it cool. I would ask. How long is the flight?

    ReplyDelete