Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Things We Do As Kids

Childhood is so full of fun, especially from the eyes of a parent. Your kid says the darndest things and you wish you had a book to write them all down in. Well there is such a book.  My Quotable Kid is something I plan on getting for C (or is it really for myself?) when she gets a little older.  But until that day comes I thought I'd share some hilarious things I've said, done and thought as a kid.


When I was very little I would throw temper tantrums by crawling under things.  End tables, kitchen tables, beds, you name it.  Any amount of coaxing would just cause me to stay under there even longer.  My kindergarten teacher called my mom one day to ask her why I was hiding under her desk.  My mom just said "Let her be, she'll come out eventually."  My grandmother recalls the day that I tried to throw a tantrum by crawling under the end table only to discover that I no longer fit.  I completely flipped out.

---------------

My mom and dad split up when I was very young.  I remember when I was about 4 or 5 we flew on a plane to go see him.  This must have been my first plane ride.  I remember my mom explaining to me that we were going to see Daddy and with that information I came to the conclusion that my dad lived in the clouds.

---------------

I remember being convinced that my mom had magical powers because she knew the words to every song on the radio and could magically switch the radio station in the car (I was too short sitting in the back to see her turning the knobs on the radio)

---------------

When I was in grade school I always came home crying because the other kids on the school bus were so much bigger than I was and they would pick on me.  My step-dad got fed up one day and told me that I should pick up a stick and throw it at the next person who makes fun of me.  So I leave and go outside to play.  10 minutes later my sister runs in with a bloody mouth.

---------------

I was about 13 years old and waiting in my mom's car in the driveway to go shopping.  My mom was inside putting around so I decided to snoop through her glove compartment.  I came across a tiny spray bottle that looked interesting.  I decided to test it out.

It was mace.  


What were some hilarious things that you remember doing or saying as a child?


No comments:

Post a Comment