Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fearlessly Frugal Goes Shopping!

My weight loss has slowed considerably in the past 3 weeks (as in none at all. But at least I'm maintaining) but I still have a little non-scale victory to share.  When I started this weight loss journey I was in a size 18 and getting ready to fit into a size 20.  20!!!!!!   I had never ever been that large before and did not want to have to start buying clothes in the next size up.  Since then I've lost 9 pounds and my current clothes are starting to finally feel loose again.  This past week C and I were shopping at Goodwill and I picked up a pair of Sonoma capri jeans, size 16, and they fit!!  They're a little tight but I can still wear them all day and feel comfortable.  I'm super excited about that.

But I still have 12 pounds to go so I don't plan on buying any more clothes until I lose some more weight.  Then I saw this deal that thredUP has.  For every boy, girl or junior clothes purchase you make through September 13th you will get 10% back to use on a purchase for women's clothes!!  Woo hoo!  The deal comes back as a coupon on October 1st so that gives me plenty of time to lose more weight.  For those of you who aren't familiar with thredUP check out my post here.  You can also use this referral link to get $10 off your first purchase.  I do need to start buying C some shoes because she's learned how to stand and is semi-cruising so walking is right around the corner.  I measured her little feet and it appears that she wears a size 3 now so I'm hoping that if I buy her a size 4 then she will be able to wear them this fall/winter.

Tomorrow I need to sit down and figure out a serious plan for losing the rest of my weight.  I need to calculate how many weeks I have left for the Healthywage challenge and adjust my calorie intake to ensure that I lose all the weight by then.  I also need to start exercising more which means just exercising at all!  It's not going to be easy but it will definitely be worth it.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! It always feels good to pick up something new. Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete