Saturday, July 30, 2011

Busy Bee!

August is going to be wicked busy for me. Check out the schedule I already have planned:

Aug 3rd- Baseline U/S appt
Aug 4th- Meds arrive
Aug 5th- Start Lupron
Aug 10th- U/S appt
Aug 16th- U/S appt and physical appt for homestudy and first homestudy visit!
Aug 24th- Last U/S appt and trigger day
Aug 29th- Transfer Day for last FET

And somewhere in all that we have to scrub our house clean, finish filling out our homestudy application and questionnaire, finish up our adoption profile, paint the nursery room and get fingerprinted (though much of that may take until September to complete).

And on top of all that I'm putting together another raffle for the Lost Stork Foundation. Things have been moving a bit slowly for the LSF. We had been putting together a big bowling fundraiser in Georgia but had to put those plans on hold. Because our non-profit is registered in Missouri, it would cost over $100 just for us to hold a fundraiser in Georgia, something we can't afford at this time as we're working on applying for our 501(c)3 status which costs $400. Sooo at fundraiser have been put on hold for now and we hope to work something out so that we can have this event sometime next year. The raffle that I'm planning right now is to celebrate National Adoption Awareness Month which is in November. It's only fair since we held one for National Infertility Awareness Week. We will be having two raffles, one adoption-themed raffle for those who are going through domestic or international adoption and one general raffle for those who would like to participate but aren't adopting. If you are interested in making a donation for the raffle or if you simply have a suggestion as to what you'd like to see in the prize selection, please email me at christa@loststorkfoundation.org. I hope to have all donations in by mid-October so I can announce what the prizes will be, so check back for updates!

And don't forget to enter my Harry Potter Birthday Giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. What a busy months! I'm so sorry I won't be able to keep updated, I'll be away and with no internet access, but I'll be thinking of you so much. Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds busy..but I cross my fingers in a great cycle and it goes by quickly.

    ReplyDelete