Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Single Digits Baby!

7 days till Ireland! It's so close I can almost taste it. I seriously need this vacation and these last few days are dragging by. My work move didn't go too well, my new workspace is a tiny desk in a small room with about 30 other people. It's almost like a call center setup and is constantly loud with people always walking by. So now my workdays are even crappier. One of the people who I work with has been on vacation and our (my) workload has increased exponentially because of it. So I've been working 10-hour days for the past week and a half. Oh well, that's just more money for us to spend in Ireland!

Mother's Day sucked and I tried to stay away from Facebook as much as possible, though I did get on long enough to congratulate my IVF cycle buddy, Susanne, on the birth of her little girl. It was a bittersweet moment for me. I'm happy for her but sad that I'm now left behind. None of my infertile friends are cycling anymore, they've all gotten pregnant and given birth. I can't say they're no longer infertile because they will always have infertility, but you know what I'm talking about. Now it's just me going through the fertility treatments by myself. I do have two infertile co-workers but they aren't actively trying for a family so it's not the same. It almost makes me not want to find cycle buddies anymore just for the fear of being left behind again, becoming the one girl who doesn't end up pregnant. It sucks to get the short end of the stick all the time. But such is life.

Other than that, not much is going on. Just packing and working. B-O-R-I-N-G

7 comments:

  1. Christa,
    What a pain it is to be left behind. I'm not sure "cycle buddies" are such a great thing; just a reminder of where I would be, if only...
    But you're not alone! Plenty of us out here are still waiting for our day.

    I gave you an award today, check it out on my blog.
    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. your trip is going to rock! safe travels and hope you post pictures of the beautiful sights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your blog as of late. My husband and I have been infertile for about 6 years now! I enjoy reading and completely understand some of what you are going through!
    Chin up lady!!

    Crystal Bernard
    http://cristaleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous!! It feels like just yesterday you were saying it was 50 days away!! Now it's almost here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the cycle buddies who have moved on... I stopped at some point, they have 1 year olds at this point. But, so excited for you for Ireland... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's almost here!!! Squuuueeeeeee

    ReplyDelete