Monday, May 2, 2011

A Bittersweet Day

Bitter: Today would have been our transfer day for FET #2.

Sweet: FET #2 has been rescheduled for late June and for the first time in a looooong time I'm feeling optimistic about fertility treatments.

Bitter: We should have never had to cancel this cycle. We should have never grown apart and allowed our relationship to go downhill like it did.

Sweet: We're still married, things are looking positive for us, and I don't think we'll ever let our marriage get to that place again.

Bitter: The Lost Stork Foundation only sold 6 tickets for the NIAW raffle we worked so hard at. We didn't raise enough money to be able to add anything to our grant fund

Sweet: 6 people showed their support for the Lost Stork Foundation and participated in our raffle. And we at least raised enough money to cover the shipping costs for the 3 prizes so we didn't lose anything.

Bitter: Work sucks and I have to move to a new location on Monday, in another part of town.

Sweet: Brandon and I started carpooling to save money and now we get to spend more time together. And my new job location is closer to his work.

Bitter: I get very few benefits at my job and in order to get 35 hours of vacation leave I have to work 1,100 hours. (Don't bother doing the math, it amounts to .75 hours of vacation per 40-hour work week...lame)

Sweet: I'm only about 90 hours away from accruing my first 35 hours of vacation leave.

Bitter: The value of the dollar is shrinking against the Euro (at least since January) so our vacation is costing a bit more than we originally planned.

Sweet: Who cares about money? Only 16 days till Ireland!

Sweet: Osama bin Laden is dead.

Sweet: My latest sweepstakes win is a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows DVD and it just came in the mail today! And I just found out while typing this post that I won another sweepstakes...a $500 gift certificate to Best.Western hotels!

Bitter: 5 Sweet: 7

Looks like it's been a sweet day.

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy your marriage is back on track. It's amazing how things can quickly change but the most important thing is to learn why it happened and work to make sure it won't happen again. Also I'm smiling here to hear you being so positive about the upcoming FET, it was a bit sad when you had the "wrong" attitude about it. There is hope, you have to give your little frozen embryos a chance to show you what they are made of!
    And only 16 days to Ireland!! Woohoo I'll meet you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet outweighs the bitter, good. I am also glad things worked out with your husband, that is probably the most important thing. And you are feeling positive about your FET, great! I hope that bodes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wins!!!
    I am thrilled to hear the two of you are doing better....IF is so hard, it's not fair it affects our personal relationships as well. I think if we can get through IF, we can get through anything!
    Fingers crossed for FET!!! Any as for Ireland....if I can jump in your suite case I'll pay the extra weight fee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you two are finding your way back to one another. You'll be home from Europe and ready for FET#2 in no time.

    Where are you entering these awesome sweepstakes!? Great wins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave you an award. :-) Enjoy!

    Joey
    http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. bittersweet. You are such a unique one:)
    I am glad your hubby are doing better!!

    ReplyDelete