Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Dilemma!

It's so bad of me to want to change my itinerary at the last minute. Especially when it has stayed the same for months now. But I just got a newsletter from the Ballynahinch Castle (I still don't know how to pronounce that damn name). You see, we're staying there for two nights, the 27th and 28th, then driving to Dublin to stay our last night in Ireland (the 29th) before leaving on the 30th.

But Ballynahinch Castle is having a birthday celebration and is offering a free third night stay to its newsletter readers. They have availability on the 29th for us to stay an extra night.

Our original plan was this: stay two nights at the Ballynahinch, drive to the Dublin airport on the 29th and drop off the car. Then take a shuttle back to Dublin, visit with my blog buddy Fran, stay our last night, then take the shuttle to the airport the next morning. Our flight leaves Dublin at 11:00.

Now I'm thinking maybe we could stay the extra night at the Ballynahinch and then just drive to the airport for our flight on Monday morning. The trip is about 3 hours so we would have to leave by about 6 am in order to make our flight. And then I could visit Fran next Thursday, as soon as we fly into Dublin (if she's available, which I really hope she is!).

So what do you think? Should I make the changes and stay a third night? It's a really nice place. Maybe two nights is enough though and it's too much of a hassle to change plans at this point. Brandon isn't too keen on driving straight to the airport from Recess, he said if something goes wrong and we're late then we'd be in deep shit. Maybe he's right.

5 comments:

  1. Can you decide when you get there? I know it will all work out! Have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm...I agree..wait till you get there..if that is possible.

    yayayay! vacation for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just randomly came across your blog and started reading. I just want to let you know that I am praying for you and your journey to starting/having a family. My family has a history of not conceiving/fertility treatments/etc. I was just diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago. I wish you and your husband well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arrghh flight at 11am on monday morning? I'd suggest you leave Galway around 5am if you can. It'll be daylight already and the traffic into Dublin around 8.00-8.30 am can be quite bad. But if they are offering an extra night I'll definitely consider it too! And yes, just emailed you, I'm available on thursday evening for dinner! if you change your mind and you'll return to Dublin on the Sunday then I can meet you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you have an AMAZING trip!!! can't wait to see photos!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete