Thursday, October 28, 2010

Car Update

When I said Brandon was insanely jealous of my new car, I didn't realize how bad it actually was. Last night we had to return to the dealership to sign some more paperwork that wasn't ready because the main office had closed when we bought the car the night before. So as we're waiting to sign off on the paperwork, Brandon starts looking around at cars. And decides he wants one. A Nissan Sentra SL to be exact. I haven't even started my job (but I just got an email saying that I start Monday!) and he wants to buy a SECOND new car? At least his car would be about $4-6K less than mine. But still....that's alot of money. So I told him he has to do his research and wait at least until the end of December. After all, I looked at cars for months before deciding on a Rogue, I don't want him to just jump into the first car he sees just so he can use a built-in Bluetooth to talk on the phone. And we both decided we're going to keep our cars for at least 6 years so it has to be something he will like. *Sigh* It's going to suck having two car payments, but in all fairness he does have a 2000 Camry that will need to be replaced soon. I've come to the conclusion that the fumes from a new car are highly addictive. Stay away if you can! (or don't let your husband ride in the car with you)

3 comments:

  1. You're too funny--new car fumes can definitely be addictive! We bought 2 cars over the course of 6 months a few years ago because I really needed one after DH got his.

    Congrats on the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex-wife got a brand-new car years ago...I got the old run-down one. Boooo. Right now hubby and I share a 99 Hyundai in need of numerous repairs...I don't see brand new cars anywhere in our future, but it sure is fun to dream...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...can I be jealous, too! No, seriously! ;-) I have a 1998 Honda Accord and my husband has had three "new" cars since we bought mine in college. I'm sooooo ready for a newer car...but, my car is paid off and the thought of another car payment right now is enough for me to stick with the little Accord that could. LOL! So, I completely understand that contagious thing! Congrats on the new car and the start date on the new job! :-)

    ReplyDelete