Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Busy Week

Today I felt it was appropriate to post in remembrance of my due date from my first IVF cycle. I should be having a baby today but instead my life is much much different. Perhaps everything happens for a reason but October 20th will always be etched in my memory as the day I should have became a mom.

Aside from this sad piece of my life, this week has been surprisingly busy. Over the past two weeks I've had two job interviews, and another one is scheduled for tomorrow. Fortunately I have decided to cancel tomorrow's interview because I was offered a position for one of the other jobs I interviewed for!!! I have to submit to a drug test and background check but once all that's done I can start working. I'm hoping to start by November 1st.

Brandon and I also got new phones this week. I got a Blackberry Curve and he got a Samsung Intercept or something like that. We also switched phone companies, fron AT&T to Sprint. Sprint offers a much better family plan for unlimited data and text. Unfortunately their cell phone coverage at our house SUCKS and after just one day of dealing with it I'm getting a little pissed. Brandon loves the new phones so he's thinking about getting some device to help our cell phone reception. I forgot the name of it but it looks like a router that you plug in to your wall. It's about $100 but the savings we'll get from having Sprint versus AT&T will more than make up for that. I just think Sprint should have better coverage so we don't have to get the damn thing in the first place. But such is life.

I'm still planning our trip to Ireland. It looks like we might have to rent a car after all, though I'm nervous about it. Not only would we have to drive on the left side of the road but most of the cars are manual so that means Brandon will be doing the driving and I hate it when he drives. But I think I would be too nervous to drive and he said he's driven on the left side of the road before (once when he was in South Korea). We also decided we're probably going to skip Cork and go to Kinsale instead. I hear it's a great place for good Irish food and Brandon and I are turning into foodies (though I'm not sure if I want to try the black pudding, a.k.a. blood sausage). And we're going to skip Limerick and stay an extra day in Killarney. We might try to explore Dingle Peninsula and I hear Doolin is worth visiting so that might take up our 9th day of sightseeing. It seems the more I research things to see the more stuff I want to see!! So I'm still narrowing down our choices.

And last but not least this week marked Oso's second birthday! So here's a few pictures of our cute little pup through the years.


7 comments:

  1. I am thinking of you during this difficulty week.

    Your trip to Ireland sounds awesome and congratulations on the job!!

    Also, your puppy dog is SO CUTE.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your week have been so trying.

    Your dog looks like he is an awesome dog! What breed(s) is he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you have a lot going on. Congrats on the job! Sounds awesome. I also have a BB Curve and love it! Your puppy is so cute...I love the pictures of him in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear things are complicated right now, I hope planning the trip gives you some respite. Congrats on the job! And on having such a cute pup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just discovered your blog and wanted to say first that my thoughts are with you at this time. Also, congrats on the job! Your pup is VERY cute BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, what an adorable pup!!!

    So, the trip to Ireland sounds absolutely AMAZING!!! I'm completely jealous, and I just have to say there had better be some awesome photos to see when you get back!!! When do you leave?

    Sorry it was a sad day for you. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutest dog ever! So small and now so big!! Sounds like you've got a lot going on--I'm especially jealous of the upcoming trip to Ireland!!! Wow!! Lucky girl! :)

    ~Elaine, ICLW

    ReplyDelete