Monday, August 31, 2009

True Friends

Today was such a wonderful day. A friend that I had lost touch with found me on Facebook. She and I had been very close during my first marriage. We went through hurricanes together, we worked 3rd shift at the Waffle House and I was thrilled to watch her go through her third pregnancy. Unfortunately she moved away and we lost touch. I tried desperately to find her and thought I had found her address but the postcard I sent to her was returned. Attempts to contact her husband through the Marine Corps were futile. During our time apart I got divorced, changed my own phone number, address and eventually, my last name. Well it turns out that she had been looking for me just as hard. She finally found my ex-husband on Facebook and contacted him. He told her my new name and I got an email from her today. We ended up talking on the phone for hours catching up with each other. I was so touched by her attempts to find me. Sometimes I feel so lonely because it's hard to stay in touch with friends when the military moves you around. I can't believe that I meant so much to someone that they missed me all these years and kept trying to find me even though we hadn't talked in so long. I feel so blessed to have friends like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment