Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Random Thoughts

Today is cd12 of my birth controls pills and I'm STILL spotting. I don't get it. Usually my periods are 3-4 days long, very light. This is not normal. I'm wondering whether I should call the doctor. But I'm starting my acupuncture today so maybe the needles will get things back to normal.

I signed up for IVF at Womack Army Medical Center (WAMC) in Fort Bragg, NC. I will be in the January cycle. Am I getting ahead of myself? I still have an IUI next month (hopefully) and another one in November (hopefully). Part of me feels like I'm wasting my time with the IUI's but I figure I should at least give it a shot. In order to start IVF I have a lot of tests to complete. I have day 3 blood work, a saline sonogram, TSH test and a bunch of other stuff. Still, I wonder if I'm jinxing myself by signing up for IVF before I've even done these IUI's...

I miss my husband terribly. It's been a few days since I've gotten a phone call or email from him. He's somewhere out in the middle of the ocean, only God knows where. It will only be emails for a while so I don't even sit by the phone anymore. At least it gets me to the gym to prevent total boredom.

Speaking of gym, I'm actually starting to lose weight. I struggled for weeks to find my motivation to get started on my weight loss and I finally found it. I'm eating 1,400 calories a day and exercising about twice a week. I'll increase that when I get in better shape but right now I can barely stay on the elliptical trainer for 20 minutes. Give me a break, I'm working in baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on working out. I know how hard it is to get motivated--working out sucks!! I'm impressed by anyone who can do the calorie counting; it's just too much work for me.

    It never hurts to plan ahead for the IVF, but I really hope your IUI works and you can cancel the IVF completely!!

    ReplyDelete