Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Birthday

My sister had her baby today. It was her first child and my mom's first grandbaby. His name is Blake Daniel Dillon and he weighs a mere 2lb 3oz. He was born at 30 weeks due to preeclampsia and other issues with his umbilical cord not giving him enough nutrients. I'm happy for her and glad the baby is safe but it's still another reminder of what I don't have. I've been trying so many years to have a baby and conceiving came so easily for her (and everyone else in my family).

I don't plan on visiting the new addition to the family, not until I either 1) get pregnant 2) start the adoption process or 3) get over my emptiness of not having a child of my own. All of those options will take some time to do so for now I'll send cards and presents and leave it at that. My sister and I aren't that close anyway. We only see each other about once a year and talk to each other a few times a year so it's not like I'm shunning her or the rest of the family. I just feel like I need some privacy during these fertility treatments and seeing a new baby won't exactly help my stress levels.

Aside from my own personal issues, Happy Birthday Blake!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, it is rough when family members have what you are working so very hard for. Keep your chin up, do what you need to, cry if you need to, and keep fighting the good fight! I really believe it will happen for you, I just wish I could tell you when or how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this time is hard for you. I suffered for several years with infertility. It...well...it SUCKS!!!! As much as I hated hearing about babies, and seeing pregnant women, something about holding a new born baby always made me slightly less bitter, just something to think about :) Infertility is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. YOU WILL HAVE A BABY OF YOUR OWN ONE DAY!! I don't know when or how, but one day, you will be a Mom. I can only be sure about this because of how much doubt I once had in myself. Take all the time you need, and don't feel bad about it. You will still love your nephew and I am sure spoil him rotten.After all, he will make a GREAT playmate for your soon to be baby. Take care of yourself. Just by looking at this blog, I can tell you are going to be a GREAT mom one day (and hopefully SOON). Good Luck, please let me know if there is anyway I can help you during these trying times. PS. I found your blog through fertile thoughts and I couldn't help but post a comment.

    ReplyDelete