Sunday, June 16, 2013

10% Challenge: Day 1

Today is the first day of my HealthyWage 10% challenge. I signed up earlier this week but because my weight had to be verified I just got around to doing it today. I found that none of the health clubs nearby wanted to weigh me in and I was too impatient to make a doctor appointment. So Brandon and I uploaded our video verifications today.  I have to lose 20.9 pounds in 6 months.  If I lose the weight early I just have to keep losing or maintain the weight, I cannot weigh out early.  I can, however, weigh out up to 2 weeks before the 6 month period is up.  Unfortunately I'll still have to get through the Halloween and Thanksgiving holidays first so I have to be extra careful not to derail my progress.

I plan to start exercising this week by walking.  I had been dieting and exercising for a few weeks and already lost 3 pounds (that don't count toward the 10%) but on Friday I pinched a nerve in my back.  It was so painful that I could barely walk or pick up C.  Brandon was had been out of town all week, only a few hours away, but he was able to come home early and my friend stopped by to help take care of C while I went to the chiropractor.  It was my first time going and I was a bit skeptical but by Saturday morning I was feeling 100% better.  I still want to give my back a break for a few more days though.

Brandon has been super supportive and is doing the challenge with me.  He is technically overweight so he can stand to lose about 20 pounds to get back to a healthy BMI.  As for me, I would have to lose 55 pounds to get to a healthy BMI but right now I just want to get the first 20 off.  If anyone is interested in joining the challenge with me, check out the HealthyWage website (and I did my research, they are legit) and use referral code 7487033078.  For every person I refer my prize goes up by $20 but if I don't reach my 10% goal then I get NOTHING!  So referrals give me a greater motivation to succeed!!  I've decided that I'm going to spend my $150 winnings on a new wardrobe while Brandon wants to spend his on an e-reader or tablet.  It won't be easy but we're prepared to go the distance.  Wish us luck!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment