Monday, November 19, 2012

Random Thoughts

It's been an extremely busy week in our household. I'm trying to work on my blog design for my travel blog (I already paid for the design so I might as well continue to keep up with the blog!) and that's been a big work in progress. I'm also working on a list of things to complete before the baby arrives, like steam cleaning the carpets and getting the carseat installed and inspected.  We've got a meeting with the birthmom and a few members of her family scheduled and I'm really looking forward to that.  Brandon and I narrowed down the list of names to 6 (which isn't narrowed down much at all!) and we're hoping to present 4 of the names to the birthmom for her to pick...if she wants.  If not then Brandon and I will argue about the name until we finally flip a coin and be done with it :)  But I jest.  Actually, I'm not jesting, I'm really hoping the birthmom becomes the tie-breaker in the Name Game!  Picking out names isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

This Thanksgiving Brandon and I have awesome plans.  We're headed to Plymouth, MA for a traditional 17th century Thanksgiving dinner, in celebration of the Pilgrim's feast and all that jazz.  It may sound a bit hokey but apparently this feast is pretty popular.  Brandon and I bought our tickets in July and just a few weeks later they were sold out!  People come from all over the world to partake in the Plymouth Thanksgiving dinner.  Then we'll come back home, do a bit of shopping on Black Friday and then head to Boston for the rest of the weekend!  We'll be bringing Oso with us and staying in a nice pet-friendly hotel in downtown Boston where we'll catch an evening performance of the Nutcracker at the Boston Ballet.  On Saturday we have reservations for brunch at Cafe Fleuri, known for their Chocolate Bar and the rest of the day will be spent doing random sightseeing around Boston.  Then it's back home on Sunday where we start to focus our attention on cleaning this mess of a house and getting ready for Baby Girl's arrival.  The next 6 weeks will be super busy but the reward in the end will be worth it!!

4 comments:

  1. Such an exciting time! I hope you enjoy every minute of the preparation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so happy to be following this journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! You'll have to blog about the Thanksgiving dinner in Plymouth. I'm curious how that was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the names. It's soo hard to choose.

    Hope the dinner went well.

    ReplyDelete