Sunday, January 22, 2012

It's Decided

We're not taking a vacation at all. We had decided on Germany and Brandon even put in his leave request but in the end I couldn't see myself staying at my job for another two months just to pay for this vacation. It would have cost about $4,500 and that's just a lot of money right now, money I would rather spend on other things like increasing our match budget or putting toward retirement.


On a more positive note, Brandon and I planned a small weekend getaway the weekend before Valentine's Day at the Mount Washington Resort in New Hampshire. I'm really looking forward to it because though we've been married for over 4 years, we have never ever celebrated Valentine's Day together. Since we're pretty sure we won't have another chance to do this for a looong time, why not now?

Well that's about all for now. I'm going to try a new pulled pork receipt today and settle in to watch the football games to see who makes it to the Super Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment