Saturday, June 2, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Yesterday Brandon and I went active again with our agency. We took the past couple months off so I could transition into my new job and so we could figure out whether adoption was something we really truly wanted to do. In the end we decided we definitely wanted to do adoption, it was just a matter of when. Brandon wanted to wait till he got out of the military in December 2014, when we would be living in Washington and own a house. I agree that would be a good idea and would allow us to save a ton of money and travel a lot. But that was all in my head. My heart was saying "Don't wait". So I was struggling for the past week with whether to go with my heart or my head. In the end the heart always wins. So we're active again and hoping we get matched soon. Brandon is supposed to get a new duty station next year and we're shooting for WA. If we're not matched with a birthmom by the time his orders come in (it could be as soon as December) then we're going to go with Brandon's plan and put our adoption on hold till he gets out. Sounds like a pretty good solid plan to me!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Praying for a placement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crossing my fingers for you. I hope you hear something from the agency soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping everything crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you get good news soon!


    Kelley

    ReplyDelete