Wednesday, June 20, 2012

6 More Days and Other Random Thoughts

In just 6 short days we'll be on a plane to Peru to spend 9 days in the Amazon rainforest. I'm beyond excited but I'm trying hard to stay calm.  I don't want to build this trip up in my head and then get disappointed if it doesn't meet my expectations.  I tend to do that on major trips.  Even though I have fun on all of them, they never quite turn out the way I had planned it all in my head.

This past weekend we got an iPad.  Well, I should say I got an iPad.  My husband is waiting till our 2-year contract is up with our cell phones and then he's going to upgrade to an iPhone so that will be his little toy.  We bought a heavy duty case for the iPad and plan to take it with us to Peru, mostly to stay connected in the jungle.  My grandmother is feverishly praying for us that we won't die on this trip so at least I can provide a little comfort by popping online every few days to let her know that we're still alive.

I got a call from our homestudy agency yesterday.  It's that time of the year again, time to update the homestudy.  We've got an appointment set for August 8th but we have to take care of our physicals before then.  So that's an upcoming $700 expenditure that we'll have.  Well worth it, though I hope we'll get matched this year so we won't have to go through it again.

Other than that, things are running pretty smoothly in our household.  I'll try to write again before I leave but if not, I promise that when I return I'll tell you all about my adventures in the jungle.  I just hope there will be plenty to tell!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun!!!!! I hope you get some fantastic news while in peru!!! :-) Looking forward to the amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! I can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete