Sunday, December 18, 2011

WW Weigh-In Week 5

Despite going off my diet two or three times last week, I did manage to lose .8 lbs. I'm down 5.6 lbs total which makes me pretty happy. Once I hit the 10-lb mark I'm going to buy a new pair of running shoes.

The Couch to 5K is still kicking my ass. I think the idea of the program is a great one but I don't think it was made for me. I think the program is intended for regular out-of-shape individuals to build up the stamina to run a 5K. I don't think it was intended for 200+ lb women who were obese and out-of-shape to build up the stamina to run a 5K. Still, I'm trying. I did pretty well last Wednesday and thought I figured out the secret of running. Too bad I forgot the secret so that when I went to the gym yesterday my shins were once again killing me. Oh well.

We got a call from our homestudy agency on Friday about a possible adoption situation. I'm not really ready to talk about it yet because the information I have is so minimal that it's pretty pointless. But we're dropping off a hard copy of our profile to the agency on Monday so hopefully I can get a few more questions answered before we agree to have our profile shown to the birthmom.

And that's about all for now. I find my life pretty boring at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting about your home study agency contacting you, that's great that they were willing to do so. We did hear about 2 situations outside of American (and 3 inside so far), but neither worked for us for various reasons. But... it can't hurt!

    Congrats on the weight loss! It feels really good.

    ReplyDelete