Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weight Loss Updates

First off, I'd like to brag that after 4 weeks of being on Weight Watchers I'm down 4.8 lbs! Now on to the not-so-good news. Today I started the Couch to 5K and it practically killed me. I'm disappointed to say that I made it about 2/3 through my 20 minute workout. It wasn't an endurance thing at all. It just really really hurt my shins. Not just my shins, it hurt the sides of my legs too. It was like I was working out muscles I've never used in my life, muscles that I don't even know how to work out except by running. It was excruciating. I even stopped the workout halfway through to stretch out my muscles but that didn't help at all. So I gave up and did 20 minutes of weight lifting and 15 minutes on the elliptical trainer.

Brandon says I'm running wrong. I tend to do a fatty shuffle/glide on the treadmill where I barely lift my legs. Brandon tells me I should be kicking my feet higher and using my thighs instead on my shins. I would do that except I might shake the treadmill apart. I think I'm running fine and that I just need to get my muscles used to running in this fashion. My thighs work fine and can handle the elliptical trainer, I just need to get the rest of my legs up to par. We'll see how things go on Wednesday.

Next, we're still up in the air about our trip. Brandon has to check his work schedule to see what dates will work best for his leave request. It turns out the best time *might* be in February which is only 7 1/2 weeks away. Certainly not enough time to lose another 11 pounds! But I can still shoot for 8 or 9 pounds in 7 weeks. Yesterday we stopped by an outlet mall which had a swimwear store. I picked out two new one-piece swimsuits. I'll admit that they're a bit snug right now but that's just the right kind of motivation I need to keep losing weight.

Tonight, to celebrate my oh-so-close-to-a-5-lb-loss, we're going to a hibachi restaurant. The shrimp, veggies, and fried rice will cost me 21 precious WW points but it will be so worth it.

2 comments:

  1. If your shins hurt that badly after the first day of Couch to 5K your husband is probably right. You might also need different shoes. Try going to a running store to get fitted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! I lost 80 lbs on the old weight watchers. It saved my life! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete