Friday, November 12, 2010

Stressed Out

Today has been a pretty stressful day for me. Brandon had been bugging me about wanting a new car and he even test drove the Nissan Sentra that he wanted. A few days ago I just told him that I didn't feel comfortable buying two new cars in the span of a month. It was just financially stupid, even if we had the money to pay cash for it. I told him we should wait six months and then he can get his car. He was bummed but he knew I was right.

And then today his car broke down. Brandon said God was telling me he needed a new car. He doesn't even believe in God! So we're getting the damn thing towed right now and tomorrow they will diagnose the problem. Unfortunately Brandon thinks it's a transmission problem based on how the car is acting but we could get lucky and it might just be the spark plugs.


So my mind is very heavy right now.

4 comments:

  1. I think the possible job sounds better in the long run.
    You will always find someone you like at any job.
    I can appreciate the adoption benefits, but I beleive that whatever a company pays you in adoption assistance is subtracted from your tax credit, therefore the only benefit is getting the money up front, rather than waiting until your tax return.
    Good luck, that's a tough decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate weighing a possible job pros/cons. Good luck with your decision - can't be easy with adoption benefits, pay and commute length to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness. Lots on your plate, hon. I hope the car is an easy fix, and I look forward to hearing what the meeting is like. Hopefully it makes the decision clear for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just came across your blog. nice to know some people online who are also into the same struggle as i am. i'll be following it. baby dust to us!

    ReplyDelete