Monday, December 16, 2013

A Disney Baby

It's been 4 days since we've been back from our Disney trip and I'm already itching to plan another. It was SO SO SO much fun!

I should start at the beginning, before we took our trip.

Brandon's leave request for Disney was rejected weeks ago and we were both fuming about that, mostly because there was nothing going on at his work that warranted his presence.  That and he needs to use up 18 days of leave by next September or he loses it (the military caps the amount of leave you can have at 60 days, after that you just lose it.  They don't pay you for the excess leave you have).  Anyway, Brandon had to work overnight on Wednesday and I was going to leave for my sister's at 3 am on Thursday.  So Tuesday evening he packed up my car, kissed me goodbye the next morning and I ran errands all day to prepare for my departure.  At 5:30 on Wednesday evening he called to tell me that the boat's schedule had changed earlier that day and he was allowed to re-submit his leave request.  I waited around on pins and needles for 3 hours until he called back to say YES!  It was approved!

Which was exciting but also meant unloading the car to re-pack the suitcase with some of his clothes, securing boarding arrangements for the dog and getting someone to stop by our house every few days to pick up all the packages that would be arriving at our doorstep.  We ended up leaving at 10 am for what ended up being one of the WORST road trips I've ever taken.  From now on I think I will avoid I-95 at all costs.

Aside from the long road trips and a catastrophe with my PhotoPass+ card the trip was a huge success.  C was such a trooper.  We spent about 8 hours at Animal Kingdom, and the next day a whopping 13 hours at Magic Kingdom and she never had a meltdown.  She met Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, Pooh, Tigger, Lilo, Stitch, Tinkerbell and Periwinkle and loved all the furry ones.  She wasn't too fond of Tink and Periwinkle so we didn't bother to try and meet any of the princesses and instead focused on rides at Magic Kingdom.  C LOVED the light parade and was mesmerized by the fireworks over the castle. 

Tuesday we had a character breakfast at the Polynesian Resort and spent the rest of the day shopping and hanging out with family.  That evening C opened up her very first present which required a lot of help.  Brandon showed her how to tear off a piece of paper but then she would just sit there and tear the large piece of paper into smaller pieces, completely neglecting the present.  In the end her cousin opened up the rest of her presents for her.


This trip was something we really needed to recharge our batteries.  It was so much fun to see C get excited when meeting some of the characters (especially Minnie) and it's apparent that she's very much a Disney baby. We can't wait to take her back in a few years when she'll be old enough to remember it!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, so sweet!! I remember Little K's first Disney trip so perfectly. What a wonderful memory for your family!

    ReplyDelete