Friday, February 10, 2012

3 Months

I meant to post this yesterday on our 3-month waiting anniversary but instead I took a nap. It was glorious.

So yesterday marked 3 months of waiting. Not an especially long time but long enough for me. Some days have been very hard and others have been fairly easy. Some days I wonder When will somebody pick us? and other days I think Am I really ready to be a mom? I know it's all normal but the down days are getting harder and harder to deal with. Still, I have a strange feeling that March will be a significant month for us so I'm patiently waiting for it to roll around to see if I'm right.

This weekend Brandon and I are going to celebrate Valentine's Day at the Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, NH. I'm really looking forward to spending time with him with no distractions (not even Oso!) and to eating some great food. We haven't booked any activities but they have skiing, tubing, sleigh rides, dog sledding, ice skating and excellent spa services. I guess we'll just pick whatever we feel like doing when we get there. Brandon is looking forward to tubing.

Work is getting harder and harder to deal with. I'm trying my best to stick it out for a few more months before I quit. That will put us in a better financial situation and will give us some extra money for A) A trip to Dayton, OH in April and B) some spending cash for when my grandparents visit this summer. The trip to Dayton I'm talking about is the WGI Championships!! I used to perform in colorguard and winterguard when I was in high school and college and I miss going to see the shows. I figured this would be a great opportunity to show Brandon something I loved doing and was very talented at. Brandon, on the other hand, asked Can't I just YouTube it? NO!!

So anyway, those are our plans, if I can stick it out till then. I'm actually pretty grateful we didn't book a trip to Germany next month because of all the bad weather they've been having but we did decide on a 2014 trip to celebrate Brandon getting out of the Navy. And because we're putting it off for 2 years we'll be able to save more money and take a longer vacation. I'm sure it will be our baby's first international trip and I really look forward to exploring the world with our child.

So that's about all. I suppose I should get packed for our trip because we're leaving in a few hours. Have a good weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Chin up, sweetpea!! You've made it this far and I truly believe that you'll succeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did colorguard in high school too! Sounds like you have good plans in order. =) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend ahead sounds amazing! And my thoughts are with you on the waiting, you are an amazing couple and definitely someone will pick you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that little baby comes very soon. The wait is excruciating!! Glad you have some fun trips planned--they are essential!!

    ReplyDelete