Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One Beautiful Follie

This morning I had a second ultrasound. The doctor saw that the follicle on my right ovary grew to 21mm. The follicle on my left didn't grow at all. So I have one perfect follie and my IUI is scheduled for tomorrow. The nurse gave me an hcg shot to trigger ovulation. I'm very excited but also very nervous. I hope Brandon's sperm count has improved since his last SA which were 8 million and 2 million after the washing process. For the best chance of success doctors recommend at least 10 million for an IUI procedure. He has been taking vitamins and started acupuncture with me so I'm optimistic. Still, our chance of success with IUI will probably be less than 10%. I hope that we can beat the odds and avoid the IVF route altogether. I will be praying very hard tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment