Saturday, January 4, 2014

How Do You Measure a Year?

The past 365 days have been nothing short of spectacular. Everything I've experienced in the last year has been new and exciting as I dove headfirst into the role of a mother.  It's a job I wouldn't trade for anything else in the world.

But the past few weeks have left me reflecting on where I stand with this blog and within the ALI community.  I'll admit that I haven't been contributing any thought-provoking posts lately and most of the things I discuss involve C, saving money, traveling and weight loss.  In other words, pretty superficial things.

I've gone back and forth so many times over the past few years about shutting down this space but never actually did it.  Now, however, I think it is time.  As I get older and as C starts to grow up I feel the need to protect our privacy more and more.  While there have been some wonderful posts I've written on this blog in the past 5 years I'll be the first to admit that there have been some words I've typed that I'm not so proud of.  The more I think about it the more I realize that I don't want those words hanging around in cyberspace for all eternity.

Therefore I've decided that on Monday January 6th, the day after C's birthday, I will be shutting down Fearlessly Infertile for good.  I might find it extremely painful at first to hit that "delete" button but I hope that it will also feel as if a load has been lifted off my shoulders.  Regardless of the intense emotions I'm sure I will feel, I want to thank each and every one of my readers for sticking with me through the years.  This has been an amazing journey with an amazing ending and I could not have gotten through all the highs and lows without the support from you.

Much love,

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad you're closing up your blog. It was one of the first IF blogs I started following and I was truely over the moon when you found out about Charlotte's placement. Good luck with raising your little girl and safe travels wherever you may go!

    ReplyDelete