Monday, October 7, 2013

9 Months and Other Updates

This past Saturday marked C's 9 month...birthday? Whatever it is you call it. A milestone I guess.  Now that she's mobile and thisclose to walking she seems like a happier baby.  Maybe it's because she can physically get away from strangers she doesn't like or maybe it's just because the world doesn't seem so scary now that she's had time to explore more of it.  She's developed some weird obsessions, the latest one being shoelaces.  Particularly my shoelaces.  Other obsessions include: my coffee mug, my coupon book, the bathroom scale and the opening intro music for the Daily Show with John Stewart and The Colbert Report.  C is still eating pureed foods because she still has NO TEETH, even though we might only be days away from seeing the first one.  Of course I said that months ago and we still have NO TEETH.  Still, we may have had a breakthrough in the self-feeding department.  This past week she held a Baby Mum Mum for the first time and stuck it in her mouth.  So far it's been the only thing she'll stick in her mouth, though today we're going to try frozen yogurt drops and see how that goes.  I don't think I'll buy another box of the Baby Mum Mums now that I discovered they were made in China.  Something about baby food made in China just kinda weirds me out a bit.


My sisters and I are still working on my dad's estate which will probably take a while.  We have multiple properties to sell and he didn't exactly take good care of them.  As in, there were no doors to the bathrooms or bedrooms in his house and he had a mild case of hoarding.  But at least that didn't reflect in the legal side of his life because he kept all his paperwork and documents carefully organized.  Thank God!  In a few weeks I plan to go back and visit to help clean up his estate and I know it's going to be a very depressing trip for me.  Because my dad always lived far away it's been easy for me to convince myself that he's not really dead.  However it's hard to avoid that fact when I'm sitting in his house going through his things.

I've toyed around with the idea of shuttering Fearlessly Infertile.  Not because I don't think anyone reads this space but because I don't really have that much to talk about.  At least not things that would count as informative or inspiring or even interesting.  I do love writing and I though about just maintaining my travel blog instead, or starting a Fearlessly Frugal blog.  I'm still debating what to do about this space.

And now for the pictures.  I wanted to wait until I shared these pictures with our birthmom first.  For some reason I just don't feel comfortable posting pictures of C until I've posted them to her share site first.  The Adoption Day pictures were taken by my friend Suzanne from Ginger Snaps Pictures.  I simply love how they turned out and that she was able to Photoshop all the snot off C's face from her terrible cold.   


7 comments:

  1. What great photos! I love the one of C liking the table! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte is soooo much adorableness! Congrats on adoption finalization day! :)
    I think a Fearlessly Frugal blog is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Am I the only one that says that C is very like you two? I don't know if it's just her expression or the colours, but I think she was a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran! Actually a lot of people say she looks like Brandon more than me lol

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the rocker and the pics on the green steps! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so beautiful and your family looks so happy!!

    ReplyDelete