Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Adoption Updates, a New Article, and a Project

Well today was my appointment with my PCM to discuss a piece of our adoption questionnaire. We went over various substance abuse issues and what kind of effects those drugs would have on an unborn child. It was very enlightening. Some drugs that I thought I would be comfortable with I ended up changing my mind and vice versa. We also discussed medical history of birthparents' family, like mental disorders or cystic fibrosis, and what we felt comfortable accepting and not accepting. I didn't realize how uneducated I was about all this until we went to our appointment. But it looks like we've made up our mind about our comfort level with these issues so we plan to fill out that part of our questionnaire tonight while the information is still fresh in our mind.

Today I finally got an article published with Associated Content. This article discusses 13 different resources for adoption fundraising, all with different ways to raise money for your upcoming adoption. My favorite is the Leaves of Love which is the fundraiser I plan on doing if we end up adopting. It's such a wonderful idea and I love the artwork! I plan on working on my next article shortly, which will be a compilation of adoption grant programs.

So to commemorate my lovely adoption fundraising article I've decided to start a new project called Fundraiser Friday. It's a simple enough project, if you're having a fundraiser for something infertility or adoption related, simply email me with the info about the fundraiser and its purpose. I will post the information about your fundraiser either the week before or the week during your event to help spread the word (on Fridays of course, hence the name Fundraiser Friday). I'm not sure how popluar my project will be so I can't say when I'll have my first Fundraiser Friday post but we'll just figure that out as we go along.

Oh, and the Lost Stork Foundation finally has a blog of its own! Check it out here. The design isn't complete yet but we hope to have that done this week so please excuse the "construction" going on. Aly from the Infertility Overachievers has graciously donated her time to help make the Lost Stork's blog beautiful and we can't wait to see the finished product!

Oh, and 48 MORE DAYS!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad some of your questions were answered :)
    What a wonderful idea about fundraiser friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very interesting. I don'y know much about adoption. Is it costly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops..just read your article! Holy...okay..yeah expensive. I wonder what the difference is between the baby that is 10,000 all the way to 50,000. hmmm
    interesting article..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT article, thanks for all the wonderful resources!!!

    ReplyDelete